Today I updated my demo lab VMs with the latest patches from July 2018.
Some time after the reboot the machine starts to use 100% CPU ending in slow responses to nearly become unusable.
From the task manager (takes 30-60 seconds to start) I could see one process consuming all the CPU power:
The server was operating fine before the updates and since some .NET fixes where included I assumed one of them to be responsible.
I started by uninstalling in the following order:
I rebooted the server after every uninstall of an KB update but only after the server was stable not consuming high CPU.
So I cannot exactly tell which of the updates are responsible for the issue.
I found an article in the Technet Forum after my tests and it seems to me that the updates which are responsible varies from system to system.
My system is:
Windows Server 2012 R2
Azure AD Connect 1.1.819.0