New Release: Azure AD Connect 1.1 is GA
February 19, 2016 Leave a comment
A new release of Azure AD Connect is now GA, its version number is 1.1 or build 220.127.116.11.
This are the new features and fixed issues in that release, as you can see it brings some new main features:
- Automatic upgrade feature for Express settings customers.
- Support for the global admin using MFA and PIM in the installation wizard.
- Allow changing the user’s sign-in method after initial install.
- Allow Domain and OU filtering in the installation wizard. This also allows connecting to forests where not all domains are available.
- Scheduler is built-in to the sync engine.
Features promoted from preview to GA:
New preview features:
- The new default sync cycle interval is 30 minutes. Used to be 3 hours for all earlier releases. Adds support to change the scheduler behavior.
- The verify DNS domains page didn’t always recognize the domains.
- Prompts for domain admin credentials when configuring ADFS .
- The on-premises AD accounts are not recognized by the installation wizard if located in a domain with a different DNS tree than the root domain.