On Dezember 11.2014 Microsoft releases the Public Preview 1 of the upcoming version of Azure Active Directory Connect (AAD Sync). You can download the binary after registration on this Microsoft Connect Site if not already registered.
Here is the description from the connect site:
The Azure AD Connect wizard Public Preview 1 provides a guided experience for integrating one or multiple Active Directory forests with Microsoft Azure AD. Optionally you can configure Exchange Hybrid deployment, password change write-back, AD FS and Web Application Proxy.
This fits to the latest post on the AD blog about General Availability (GA) of the following Azure AD features:
Generally available (GA) as of today:
- Password write-back in Azure AD Sync: Users can now change their passwords in the cloud and have the change flow all the way back to your on-premises AD.
- The Azure AD App Proxy: This proxy makes it easy to give your employees secure access to on-premises applications like SharePoint and Exchange/OWA from the cloud without having to muck around with your DMZ.
And in public preview:
- Question based security gates for use in password resets
- Admins can add their own password SSO based SaaS apps to Azure AD
- And probably the most exciting news of all – Administrative Units (AUs). AU’s are like OUs modernized for the cloud. They let you sub-divide your Azure Active Directory, enabling the separation of administrative duties and policy creation across a large company.
Finally we are making Azure AD Premium available for direct online purchase, using a credit card, in the Office 365 admin portal (you do not need to be an existing Office 365 customer to buy).